We will only process your Personal Data in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988, the applicable regulations, guidelines, orders made under the Privacy Act 1988 and any statutory amendments or re-enactments made of the Privacy Act 1988 from time to time (collectively referred to as the “Privacy Act”) as well as this Policy.
During any contact or engagement you have with us, you may be asked to provide your information in connection with commercial credits, product registrations, product/service orders, requests for information, customer complaints, marketing, newsletter or support subscriptions, job applications, event/service registrations, and/or downloading a software update. The Privacy Act requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your Personal Data. In light of the Privacy Act, we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your Personal Data.
By providing your Personal Data to us and/or continuing access to our website (“Site”), you declare that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with the manner as set out in this Policy.
We reserve the right to modify, update and/or amend this Policy from time to time with reasonable prior notice to you. We will notify you of any amendments via announcements on the Site or other appropriate means. Please check the Site from time to time to see if there are amendments to this Policy. Any amendments to this Policy will be effective upon notice to you. By continuing to use the services and/or access to the Site after being notified of any amendments to this Policy, you will be treated as having agreed to and accepted those amendments.
If you do not agree to this Policy or any amendments to this Policy, we may not be able to render all services to you and you may be required to terminate your relevant agreement with us and/or stop accessing or using the Site.
1. What Data Do We Collect
We collect various kinds of information to help us better serve our customers and visitors to our website:
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information, such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers. We may also collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Product Data. Your product data, such as your product serial number, IP Address, MAC Address, IMEI number, and other unique product identifiers may be collected when you use Neotez products.
- Communication Records. Your voice, video, communication records when you contact Neotez (for example, by calling Neotez hotline, using Neotez online customer service portal to have a chat with Neotez, filling out an online application form on Neotez official website and sending emails to Neotez) may be collected. Moreover, we may record your image through security cameras when you visit Neotez service centers and offices. The above voice, video and communication records may contain your personal data.
- Cookies. Like many websites today, we may employ a standard technology called cookies to collect information about how you use our website in order to provide you with a better experience by measuring which areas of our website are of the greatest interest to you or to remember you when you return to visit us. Learn more about our cookies policy.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. For each visitor accessing or browsing our website, our web server automatically recognizes and stores the visitor's IP address (the internet protocol address of the visitor's computer) to determine which areas of our website are being visited and how long each visitor spends there. This information helps us understand visitors' traffic patterns through our website so that we can enhance the overall usability of our website. Your computer provides this information automatically each time you log on, unless you have activated blocking technology available in some browsers.
In addition, we may also receive, store and process your Personal Data which are provided or made available by any third parties, credit reference bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of our products and/or services, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
2. How We Use Your Data
The Personal Data as provided/furnished by you to us or collected by us from you or through such other sources as may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes at the time it was sought or collected, may be processed for the following purposes (collectively referred to as the “Purposes”):
- To assess and improve Neotez products and services.
- To obtain customer feedback and to analyze user experience for the purpose of development and evaluation of new products and services.
- To provide delivery services (for example, delivering proof of purchase or invoice), technical and product notices for Neotez products and services you purchase.
- To conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, planning and statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services
- To process and fulfill any subscriptions you have signed up for, including Neotez EDMs or newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest Neotez news, promotions and upcoming events. You may unsubscribe it at any time with no charge.
- To send you important notifications, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because of the importance of such communications, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- To verify your identity, deliver event or campaign entries and rewards, contact you for event or campaign-related matters, and cover you with insurance if it is a necessity when you enter our events or contests.
- To provide you with customer support services (for example, to fulfill your product repair requests and respond to your questions), our customer care and customer satisfaction survey for user experience analysis.
- To provide you with personalized marketing services, for example, using third party advertising cookies to offer marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you, or recommendation about services you may be interested in based on your use of Neotez products and services.
- To disclose to a government or regulatory authority or in connection with potential legal proceedings. Neotez is not responsible for the actions of any government or regulatory authority with respect to your information or data.
- Any other purposes with your prior consent.
3. Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
We will not sell, rent, transfer or disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- OZB Group Pty Ltd, its group of companies and affiliated brands either in Australia or globally.
- Government or regulatory authority or in connection with potential legal proceedings. Neotez is not responsible for the actions of any government or regulatory authority with respect to your information or data.
- Our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisors appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us;
- Our joint venture/business partners, third-party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors, data processors or agents, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business, including but not limited to call centers, telecommunication companies, logistics companies, information technology companies and data centers;insurance companies for the purpose of applying and obtaining insurance policy(ies), if necessary.
4. Your Rights
Subject to the exceptions provided under the PDPA, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, a request to update or correct, your Personal Data held by us. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the PDPA) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons.
You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
In addition, you also have the right, by notice in writing, to inform us on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be affected. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your Personal Data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us and/or the contract that you have with us will have to be terminated.
6. Contacting Us